Based anywhere in the U.S.
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to help Deque make the web a better place. One of our flagship products is the axe DevTools Extension, a tool used by hundreds of thousands of users to find and fix accessibility issues during website development.
As the leader of the team responsible for the axe DevTools Extension, you will leverage machine learning, computer vision, browser API’s, and modern web technologies to create an intuitive, streamlined experience for our customers. As a market leader, Deque is pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and you will play a critical role in developing innovative solutions for challenging problems that have never been solved before.
You will also be responsible for leading a team of developers furthering our mission of digital equality. One of our goals at Deque is to build a world-class engineering organization. You will be responsible for helping us achieve that goal by mentoring, building, and supporting your team.Apply Now
- Lead and contribute to the development of the axe DevTools Extension product
- Maintain a high level of software quality through code reviews and documenting standards
- Write and review technical proposals
- Mentor and support developers on your team
- Participate in team meetings and interviews
- Follow Agile development practices to help the team meet product delivery goals
- Develop innovative solutions to improve both the team and the product
- Work with Product Management to define and prioritize features, bug fixes, and software maintenance
- Work with Sales, Service, and Customer Support to help customers use our products
- At least 5 years of current experience developing React based products, with at least 7 years of total experience in software development
- At least 2 years of experience with Node.js
- Solid CSS skills
- Database generalist skills (SQL)
- At least 2 years experience with delivering scalable applications
- At least 2 years experience leading a team of product development professionals using an Agile methodology
- RESTful API use, design, and implementation
- Passion for digital accessibility and a desire to become a world class expert in the subject
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to lead an Agile Development team
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Experience with creating and reviewing technical proposals
- Basic secure Web programming knowledge and experience
Additional Skills Desired
- Common Web application architectures such as n-tier, micro-services etc.
- Experience with digital accessibility
- Identity Access Manager usage and development (Ping, Okta, Keycloak)
- Experience with developing browser extensions
- Experience with machine learning or computer vision
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With 875,000+ extensions installed and 5,000+ audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic.
Deque’s core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company! Submit your application anytime.
If you’re looking to stand out, include a cover letter explaining your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values. We also recommend including any key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.Apply Now
Let’s broaden your customer base and make practicing accessibility easy at the same time.”
— Preety Kumar CEO, Deque Systems