Deep Dive Into Deque’s Showcase Sessions at CSUN 2019
As a key event helping fuel the growing accessibility community, Deque is thrilled to attend and be a showcase sponsor at the 34th Annual CSUN Conference. This year’s conference is taking place March 11th-15th at the Anaheim Marriott. Come find us at booths 315 and 317 in the exhibit hall. We’ll be performing product demonstrations and can answer any questions you have about any of our products and services. Members of the Deque sales team will also be available for one-on-one meetings if you have specific questions about getting started.
What to Expect
2018 was a pivotal year for accessibility, WCAG 2.1 is in full swing and there has been a lot of growth in native mobile accessibility. Deque’s experts are thrilled to cover these momentous changes in the industry and look toward the future in our 20 showcase presentations.
Showcase Sessions and Events
During this year’s showcase sessions, we’re covering all the basics, plus in-depth discussions on some of the trending and innovative web accessibility issues. We’re thrilled to be presenting with our favorite community members, including Ben Allen, Mark Penicook, Sam Chandrashekar, and Birkir Gunnarsson. All presentations will take place in the Deque Showcase, located in Platinum Ballroom 3.
Wednesday, March 13th
- 9:00—9:50am: Accessibility Trends 2018, Preety Kumar
- 10:00—10:50am: A is for Agile, A is also for Accessibility, Dylan Barrell
- 11:00—11:50am: What’s New in aXe (announcement!), Dylan Barrell (plus guest demo)
- 1:20—2:10pm: Accessibility Strategies for Your Content Team, Birkir Gunnarsson & Caitlin Cashin
- 2:20—3:10pm: The Real Cost of Accessibility Complaints & Lawsuits, Greg Williams
- 3:20—4:10pm: Supporting the Design Phase with Accessibility Heuristics Evaluations, Denis Boudreau & Arpana Pasi
- 4:20—5:10pm: Designing for Cognitive Efficiency – Glenda Sims
6:30—9:00pm: Deque Hospitality & Empathy Lab Event!!
Space will be limited for our invite-only hospitality event featuring the Deque Empathy Lab. Network with Deque experts and product owners while enjoying heavy hors d’ourves, dessert, and drinks.
Secure your invite by contacting us today.
Thursday, March 14th
- 9:00—9:50am: Building and Testing a Reusable Accessible Widget, Harris Schneiderman
- 10:00—10:50am: The Difference Between Native Mobile and Web Accessibility Testing, Chris McMeeking & Jennifer Dailey
- 11:00—11:50am: Emerging CSS Techniques and What They Mean for Accessibility, Marcy Sutton
- 1:20—2:10pm: Accessibility as a Lifestyle Change – A Program Office Approach, Ben Allen, Greg Williams, & special guest partner
- 2:20—3:10pm: Defining the Right Accessibility Metrics for Your Business – A D2L Case Study, Tony Kornmeier & Sam Chandrashekar
- 3:20—4:10pm: Innovative Accessibility: Shifting Manual Testing Left to Development Teams – Dylan Barrell
- 4:20—5:10pm: ARIA – 10 Mistakes to Avoid, Denis Boudreau, Suman Damera, & Preety Kumar
Friday, March 15th
- 9:00—9:50am: Automating New and Improved United States Government Requirements, Preety Kumar
- 10:00—10:50am: Annotating Design Comps to Address Accessibility, John Foliot
- 11:00—11:50am: Accessibility in Single Page applications, a year later, Mark Steadman & CB Averitt
- 1:20—2:10pm: Combining Automated Testing Tools with Comprehensive Audits, Matt Isner
- 2:20—3:10pm: How to Ensure Your Critical User Flows Remain Accessible, Wilco Fiers
- 3:20—4:10pm: Using Custom Rules to Tailor Accessibility to Your Enterprise Needs, Mark Penicook & Travis Marasca
Saturday, March 16th
10:00AM-3:00PM (after CSUN): 4th ANNUAL AXE HACKATHON – Join us in making the web more accessible for people with disabilities, we’ll be onsite at the Anaheim Marriott in Platinum Ballroom 1.
Coffee and Networking
Start your morning off right with coffee, tea, and conversation in the Deque Showcase at 8:00—9:00AM, Wednesday-Friday. Everyone is welcome, so be sure to stop by.