VPAT and Third Party Certification
Producing a credible VPAT® (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template®) is a procurement requirement for selling web-based software to the US Federal Government under Section 508. Deque's accessibility experts will equip you with a VPAT that will allow you to confidently say that you are Section 508 compliant. Our VPAT service includes everything provided in the conformance statement performed to the specifications of Section 508 and a report that conforms with VPAT documentation requirements.
If you already have a VPAT, we can also evaluate your site and provide Third Party Certification to verify that your VPAT is correct and up-to-date.
There is no better way to show your commitment to the more than seven million Americans with visual impairment than by having your site certified by the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) for nonvisual access. Their Nonvisual Accessibility Web Certification (NVA), developed with input from their members and industry experts such as Jim Thatcher, is recognized by the world's leading brands as the best way to show that you care about all users of your websites.
Deque is recognized by the NFB as a Web Accessibility Consultant - we have helped many organizations ensure that their websites are accessible and to help them achieve the NFB's NVA certification. As part of this service, we will:
- Determine the applicability of NFB's criteria to your website or web application.
- Decide what level of certification you should target.
- Consult with the NFB and identify the pages that should be submitted for certification.
- Audit the relevant pages using a cost-effective process comprised of both automated and manual testing.
- Provide guidance on how to fix your website or web application - in detail, not vague generalities.
- Re-audit your pages after you complete the recommended fixes.
Once you are ready, we will submit your complete application for certification and work with you until the NFB makes its final determination.