Introduction to iOS Native Mobile Accessibility
Our Mobile Developer and A11y Expert, Chris McMeeking, will walk you through best practices for designing and building your app to be accessible on iOS.
Chris has 5+ years of mobile application development experience and has worked with the Android Open Source Project. Currently, he is the Senior Software Engineer at Deque Systems, architect of Deque’s Native Accessibility analysis solutions. Chris has been working in accessibility since he was a sophomore in college, where he started a project to create a keyboard for children with cerebral palsy. Chris is also an active member of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) working group that is defining international standards for accessibility.
In this on-demand webinar you will learn:
- An Introduction to Basic Assistive Technology (VoiceOver)
- iOS A11y Ecosystem (ATs, APIs, etc.)
- Identifying Basic Accessibility Issues in a Native App
- API Demos from Deque’s iOS Pattern Library
- Understanding Accessibility Testing in an Agile Development Team
- Learning Advanced Accessibility APIs and Techniques