Hear from our innovative thought leaders on topics ranging from native mobile, UX design, development, Higher Ed, and Federal and how they relate to today’s accessibility trends.
Applying Accessibility Heuristics to a Wireframe: Part 2
Join part one of our live webinar as our experts apply four accessibility heuristics to an example wireframe.
Join Denis Boudreau and Aparna Pasi, two of our UX accessibility experts for a live webinar on Tuesday, November 20th at 1PM EST. They will walk you through the fundamentals of a design review process for accessibility, based on the set of accessibility-focused heuristics introduced in the previous webinar session.
In this webinar you will learn about the following accessibility heuristics:
- Language and readability: Content on the page can easily be read and understood by users of the system.
- Error prevention and error states: Interactive controls (i.e. form elements, widgets, etc.) have persistent, meaningful instructions to help prevent mistakes, and provide users with clear error states which indicate what the problems are – and how to fix them – whenever errors are returned.
- Predictability and consistency: The purpose of each element is predictable, and how each element relates to the system as a whole is clear and meaningful, to avoid confusion for the users.
- Alternatives for visual and auditory content: Purely visual or auditory content that conveys information (i.e. images, icons, videos, notification sounds, etc.) has text-based alternatives for users who can’t see or hear.
Automated Accessibility Testing with Attest for Android
This webinar is intended to teach developers how they can now trial Attest for Android for free and utilize the limited functionality framework in their own build. Our mobile accessibility expert, Chris McMeeking, will demonstrate how developers will now be able to trial Attest for Android simulator right on their desktops without having to request a demo.
Our tool is fueled by our powerful Android dedicated rule engine, which means our accessibility testing is able to find and sort through accessibility issues that do not need to be resolved manually – providing zero false positives and 100% accuracy.
By downloading this free trial, developers will be able to:
- Run Attest for Android on their application.
- Save development time with analysis and debugging tools
- Collaborate with screenshots that include View Information
- View WCAG 2.0 AA violations in the interactive automated testing framework.
- Learn accessibility best practices from the Deque Android pattern library rule sets examples.
Please note: This webinar is aimed at mobile developers and will require a basic knowledge of mobile development, UI testing, and how to set up different development environments.
Can’t make it to a live webinar? Watch one of our on-demand webinars any time.