What's the Deque Team up to at IAAP and M-Enabling 2017?
On this page, you can find information about our special Deque University promotional offer as well as a list of the panels our team is participating in, and accessible PDFs of our brochures. If you're looking for something you don't see here, feel free to send us an email and we'll see what we can do!
- Deque University Promotional Offer (free access to our IAAP CPACC exam prep course!)
- Deque University Scholarships for People with Disabilities
- IAAP and M-Enabling Panels featuring Deque Team members
- Product and Service Information
- About Deque
- Request a Demo
Free Access to our online IAAP CPACC Exam Prep Course on Deque University
Have you been thinking about an IAAP Certification exam, but you're not sure if you're really prepared?
In honor of the new partnership between the IAAP and G3ict's M-Enabling conference, we're offering attendees free access to our IAAP CPACC Exam Prep Course on Deque University!
What is the IAAP's CPACC exam?
The CPACC exam (short for "Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies") is a digital accessibility certification exam administered by the International Association of Accessibility Professionals. The CPACC certification represents "broad, cross-disciplinary conceptual knowledge about 1) disabilities, 2) accessibility and universal design, and 3) accessibility-related standards, laws, and management strategies," according to the IAAP. Visit the IAAP website to learn more about the CPACC exam and whether or not it seems like a good fit for you.
What is Deque University's CPACC Exam Prep Course?
The IAAP CPACC Certification Preparation Course is one of Deque University's online, self-paced accessibility courses and covers all topics on the exam, in detail, with self-test quizzes and links to external resources for further study. The course takes about 5 hours to complete. Deque is one of the IAAP's Approved Certification Preparation Providers so you can be sure that the prep course will be time well spent.
So, how do I get free access to the IAAP CPACC Certification Preparation Course?
- Go to dequeuniversity.com/signup.
- Fill out your information and use the subscription code iaap2017.
- Deque University will send you an email to confirm your email address and activate your account. Click the link in the email and voila! The IAAP CPACC Certification Preparation Course will appear on the list of "Your Classes."
When you're ready to take the CPACC exam, visit the IAAP website to find an exam date and location that works for you.
Rules of the Promotion
- You have between June 12th and July 12th, 2017 to register for this promotion. The "iaap2017" subscription code will not be accepted after July 12th, 2017.
- Free access to the IAAP CPACC Certification Preparation Course on Deque University will end June 12th, 2018. If you chose to take advantage of the promotion, you must complete the course by June 12th, 2018.
- This offer only applies to the online, self-paced IAAP CPACC Certification Preparation Course. It does not apply to any instructor-lead version of the class.
Deque University Scholarships
Back in 2016, we decided to offer our Deque University online, self-paced courses to people with disabilities for free. There aren't enough digital accessibility experts in the world, and people with disabilities have an understanding of how accessibility barriers can impact lives that people without disabilities often struggle to understand.
If you have a disability, and you're interested in becoming an accessibility expert, Deque University is a great place to start. The application and additional information is available at dequeuniversity.com/scholarships. The application is very simple; and after submission and approval, you will have access to Deque University's online curriculum for one year.
IAAP and M-Enabling Panels featuring Deque Team members
Mon. June 12
- 1:30-2:30 Plenary - "Update on IAAP and accessibility certification programs" segment - Salon 4 (Paul Bohman)
- 4:15-5:30 IAAP Technical Track - "Towards WCAG 2.1 and 3.0" - Salon 3 (Preety Kumar)
Tues. June 13
- 9:15-10:30 Plenary Panel: The Future of Accessibility with Artificial Intelligence and Robotics - Grand Ballroom (Preety Kumar)
- 11:00-12:15 IAAP Technical Track - The Latest in Automated Tools for Accessibility - Salon 3 (Dylan Barrell)
- 3:15-4:30 IAAP Technical Track - Mobile Web and Native Apps: Accessibility Requirements and Directions - Salon 3 (Chris McMeeking)
- 5:45-7:00 Cocktail Reception and Exhibitor Showcase sponsored by Deque
Wed. June 14
- 1:30-2:45 IAAP Organization Session - Accessibility Competency Requirements Throughout an Organization - Studio A (Paul Bohman)
Product and Service Information
- Digital Accessibility Compliance: A Guide to Getting Started
- Shift-Left (How Deque Products and Services Fit into Your SDLC)
- Deque Company Overview
- WorldSpace Attest
- WorldSpace Assure
- WorldSpace Comply
- aXe Overview
At Deque Systems, we provide software, services, and training that empower companies and organizations to ensure that their websites, mobile apps, and digital content are usable by people with disabilities. Our clients include leading Fortune 500 companies in industries such as banking, healthcare, e-commerce, travel, hospitality, colleges and universities, and federal and state government agencies.
Our team of technology professionals, accessibility champions, and subject matter experts are trailblazers in the field of accessibility. They can guide you with best practices in a highly subjective area, saving you time and money.