Find personal fulfillment in your career at Deque Systems.
Career Fulfillment & Culture
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic. Candidates are expected to exhibit the following core values. We take these very seriously to preserve our special culture:
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
We are looking for an energetic senior developer to join our team to help us accelerate the innovative developments of the axe platform. We are looking for someone with a strong foundation of architectural concepts and engineering capabilities, who is able to independently propose and implement changes to all aspects of a complex Web application.
The team is fully remote and in a fast-paced, dynamic, incubator mode and the successful candidate must show the ability to thrive in such an environment.
- Design, develop & maintain axe-related products.
- Be a core team player by contributing to the improvement of Deque’s product development infrastructure.
- Assist in the review of pull requests including security reviews
- Write new features, unit, and integration tests, CI scripts and code, deployment automation, database migrations, data migrations and any code that impacts customers, DevOps or anything related
- Fix issues in existing code, work with support to reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Write and review technical proposals
- Create and edit sprint tickets
Required Skills and Experience
- Database generalist skills (SQL)
- RESTful API use, design, and implementation
- Common Web application architectures such as n-tier, micro-services, etc.
- Basic secure Web programming knowledge and experience
- Source code management, pull request reviews, and related technologies and methodologies
- Agile processes (scrum/kanban)
- Has worked on a product team
Preferred Skills and Experience (Can be Learned on the Job)
- Web Extensions
- Enterprise SaaS product development
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. Installed in over 250,000 browsers and with over 4,000 audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!