Career Fulfillment & Culture
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic. Candidates are expected to exhibit the following core values. We take these very seriously to preserve our special culture:
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is looking for a Ruby Developer to join our team to help us accelerate the innovative developments of the axe platform. We are looking for someone with a strong foundation of architectural concepts and engineering capabilities, who is able to independently propose and implement changes to axe integrations.
The team is fully remote and the successful candidate must show the ability to thrive in such an environment.
- Help maintain and develop integrations for axe related products
- Write features and fix issues, including tests
- Review code, including security reviews
- Actively work to reduce tech debt and fix bugs
- Write and review tech proposals
Required Skill Set
- 5 years of development experience
- Willingness to learn new frameworks and technology
- Ability to complete assigned work with little direction; research, fix bugs, write features, and solve problems
- Source control knowledge
Preferred Skills and Experience (Can be Learned on the Job)
- Accessibility knowledge
- Technical writing
- Remote work
- Flexible schedule
- Creative time
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. Installed in over 250,000 browsers and with over 4,000 audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
This position is remote; based anywhere in the US.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via the online application.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!