Career Fulfillment & Culture
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic. Deque’s core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
At Deque, you’ll work with the best and brightest minds in the industry, sharing best practices, tackling new issues, and uncovering new approaches. Accessibility Consultants at Deque also love their jobs because of the support systems in place.
Deque experts regularly contribute to W3C Accessibility Working Groups and collectively hold more CPACC, WAS, & CPWA certifications issued by the IAAP than any accessibility testing company in the world.
You’ll be working on a dynamic customer-facing team responsible for finding creative solutions for customers’ accessibility problems. You will also be responsible for product success, helping integrate Deque products and services into the customer’s software development life cycle. You may even be given the opportunity to embed yourself and lead remediation efforts, within a customer’s development team.
Our team wears many hats and on any given day you’ll find yourself writing code to fix accessibility problems, working with customers directly, answering questions and offering leadership and guidance so that our customers can achieve success, and learning about accessibility with the leading digital accessibility agency in the world.
- Provide creative solutions to accessibility problems across a wide array of web technologies and languages
- Integrate our products and services into customer’s development life cycles
- Create custom reports for accessibility compliance using a modern web stack
- Develop accessible, reusable web components that can be easily implemented into a customer’s environment
- Experience with React, Vue, and Angular – and their accompanying testing frameworks
- Familiarity with Git
- Be a team player who can be professional and have fun doing it
- Willingness to learn, teach, and grow; mistakes don’t stop you
- Ability to switch “hats” quickly and efficiently, and think outside the box
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally and be on-site with customers (Covid permitting)
- You’re a team player
- You think individually and aren’t afraid to speak up and share your great ideas in a hardcore brainstorming session that ultimately leads to a more equal Internet and another ecstatic customer
- Open to new experiences and new relationships
- Open to learning more about accessibility and how it impacts everyone
- Few things bring you more joy than writing a super efficient (and accessible!) web component and then experiencing joy overload when that component saves a customer time, energy, and money
- You may find yourself with extra virtual high-fives when your awesome component is accompanied by tests
- You’re not afraid of code refactors, Git, pull requests, code reviews, or feedback of any kind – be it positive or negative
- It’s okay if you don’t have much experience with accessibility because you’re passionate about the idea of a more equal web and are willing to learn
- You aren’t afraid of asking questions and doing the necessary leg-work to get answers
- You are a great communicator
- Experience or knowledge of digital accessibility, standards, and/or remediation
- Experience with TypeScript, Java, Node, and database systems
- Experience with agile workflows
- Familiarity with jFrog, Nexus, and Azure Devops
- You’re a fan of science fiction, role playing games, and video games
- Your meme game is strong
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With over 475,000 extensions installed and over 5,000 audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
Remote location with the U.S.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!