Virtual Panel: How Persons with Disabilities Use the Web
To commemorate International Persons with Disabilities Day, our panelists will discuss how to use the web as a person with a disability.
Thursday, November 30th, 11:00AM-12:00PM EST
Join us on Thursday, November 30th at 11:00AM to learn how persons with disabilities use the web. This webinar is intended to create awareness around web accessibility, or how persons with disabilities use the web. This panel is a great introduction for people who are new to accessibility but want to learn more.
Our panelists will go over the various scenarios they encounter while using the internet. Millions of people have disabilities that affect their use of the web. Currently, most websites and software have accessibility barriers that make it difficult or impossible for many people with disabilities to use the web. It is essential that the Web be accessible in order to provide equal access and equal opportunity to people with disabilities.
Live Panel: Are you Ready for the Section 508 Refresh?
Our Panel of Experts Will Guide You Through the Policy Changes, You May Be Surprised By the Impact on Your Agency
Wednesday, December 6th, 9:00-11:30AM at the Westin Crystal City
Address:1800 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA 22202
Metro Stop (Blue & Yellow Lines): 1-minute walk to the Crystal City Metro Station
Join us on Wednesday, December 6th at 9:00AM to learn the steps you can take for organizational readiness for the Section 508 Refresh. Doors will open at 8:30AM and we welcome attendees to stay and network after the panel until 12:00PM. Our panel of experts will break down the nuances of the final rule, important deadlines you should know, and how this policy will affect you and your colleagues.
This panel is geared towards all government employees or contractors working in the enterprise life cycle, and for those involved in incorporating Section 508 into their agency processes. Light refreshments, real-time captioning, and a sign language interpreter will be provided.
Deque Sponsored Conferences
Want to get some face-time with the Deque Team? We'll be participating in the following conferences:
- QA Financial Forum - New York, NY; Nov. 29
- CodeMash - Sandusky, OH; Jan. 9-12
- CSUN - San Diego, CA; March 19-23
- StarEast - Orlando, FL; April 29-May 4
- Agile Testing Days USA - Boston, MA; June 26-27
- StarWest - Anaheim. CA; Sept. 30-Oct. 5
With more to come!
During conferences we keep deque.com/info updated with our presentation schedule, any special events we might be hosting, and other information about the conference currently in session.
Deque Speaking Engagements
Are you interested in hearing our accessibility experts speak in person? Follow the list below so you don't miss their talks:
- Carefour Lean & Agile - November 30th, 1:00PM EST - Denis Boudreau - Design Trends & Their Impact on Accessibility
- dot.js - Dec. 1st, 7:00PM EST - Marcy Sutton
- Rising Stars - December 9th, Time TBD - Denis Boudreau - Inclusive Public Speaking
- CodeMash - Jan. 9-12, Time TBD - Caitlin Geier
- Beyond Tellerrand Munich, Germany - Jan. 16th-17th, Time TBD - Marcy Sutton
- Confoo - March 7-9, Time TBD - Denis Boudreau - Artificial Intelligence and Accessibility
- PerfMatters - March 27th-28th, Time TBD - Marcy Sutton
- Uphill Conf - April 26th-27th, Time TBD - Marcy Sutton
- UXPA - June 26-28, Time TBD - Caitlin Geier & Denis Boudreau
With more to come!