Live Webinar: Automated Accessibility Testing With WorldSpace for iOS
Mobile Developers Can Now Download a Free Trial of WorldSpace for iOS to Do Automated Accessibility Testing
Tuesday, January 23rd from 2:00-3:00PM EST
This webinar is intended to teach developers how they can now trial WorldSpace for iOS for free and utilize the limited functionality framework in their own build. Join our mobile accessibility expert, Chris McMeeking, as he demonstrates how developers will now be able to trial WorldSpace for iOS simulator right on their desktops without having to request a demo.
Our tool is fueled by our powerful iOS dedicated rule engine, which means our accessibility testing is able to find and sort through accessibility issues that do not need to be resolved manually - providing zero false positives and 100% accuracy.
By downloading this free trial, developers will be able to:
- Run WorldSpace for iOS on their application.
- View WCAG 2.0 AA violations in the interactive automated testing framework.
- Learn accessibility best practices from the Deque iOS pattern library rule sets examples.
Contribute to making the web accessible to people with disabilities at the 3rd Annual aXe-Hackathon.
Saturday, March 24th from 10:00AM-3:00PM
The Hackathon will be lead by Marcy Sutton and Wilco Fiers. We will be...
- Testing open source component libraries and logging accessibility issues
- Working on adding WCAG 2.1 rules to aXe-core
- Sharing knowledge and solutions with our fellow accessibility devotees
- Working on personal accessibility projects
- Hanging out with awesome people and making the web a better place
Who should come?
You should come. And bring your friends. This hackathon is open to all experience levels. If you can download a browser extension, you can test for accessibility. We'll also have some advanced project opportunities for our more seasoned a11y friends.
Will there be food?
Yes! We will provide lunch and a coffee break. We'll email everyone for dietary restrictions closer to the event.
Deque Sponsored Conferences
Want to get some face-time with the Deque Team? We'll be participating in the following conferences:
- OpenAIR - Virtual conference; Feb 8-May 15
- CSUN - San Diego, CA; March 19-23
- CUNY Accessibility Conference - New York, NY; April 26
- StarEast - Orlando, FL; April 29-May 4
- AccessU - Austin, TX; May 14-16
- Agile Testing Days USA - Boston, MA; June 26-27
- StarWest - Anaheim. CA; Sept. 30-Oct. 5
With more to come!
During conferences, we keep deque.com/info updated with our presentation schedule, any special events we might be hosting, and other information about the conference currently in session.
Deque Speaking Engagements
Are you interested in hearing our accessibility experts speak in person? Follow the list below so you don't miss their talks:
- Beyond Tellerrand Munich, Germany - January 17th, 11:15AM-12:00PM - Marcy Sutton - Radically Accessible Internet Applications
- ScriptConf - January 19th - Marcy Sutton - Radically Accessible Internet Applications
- Confoo - March 7-9, Time TBD - Denis Boudreau - Artificial Intelligence and Accessibility
- PerfMatters - March 27th-28th, Time TBD - Marcy Sutton - React/Virtual Dom & Accessibility
- Uphill Conf - April 26th-27th, Time TBD - Marcy Sutton - Technical Accessibility
- Smashing TV - May 10th, Time TBD - Marcy Sutton
- SmashingConf Toronto - June 27th , 12:00PM-12:50PM- Marcy Sutton - What's the Deal With Testing
- UXPA - June 26-28, Time TBD - Caitlin Geier
With more to come!
Can't make it to a live webinar? Watch one of our on-demand webinars any time.