About the CSUN Assistive Technology Conference
Since 1986, California State University, Northridge’s Center on Disabilities has hosted the annual Assistive Technology Conference to nurture the advancement and innovation of assistive technology and to promote inclusion in the workplace for persons with disabilities. CSUN is the largest accessibility conference in the US and this year’s event is expected to feature more than 5,000 attendees and over 100 exhibitors.
Where to Meet Deque at CSUN
This year is the 35th annual CSUN Conference, and Deque Systems is proud to be exhibiting and hosting 19 sessions at this year’s accessibility conference. CSUN is taking place on March 9th to the 13th in Anaheim, California. Deque is showing up at CSUN in many different ways, find out how you can meet up with us at the conference below.
Deque Exhibit Booth and Demos
Come find us at booths 614 and 616 in the exhibit hall! We’ll be performing product demonstrations and can answer any questions you have about any of our products and services.
For a more personalized demo of Deque tools, contact members of the Deque sales team to schedule one-on-one meetings in our demo suites if you have specific questions about getting started.
Deque CSUN Showcase Sessions
During this year’s showcase sessions, we’re covering all the basics, plus in-depth discussions on some of the trending and innovative web accessibility issues. We’re thrilled to be presenting with our favorite community members, including Dena Wainwright, Mark Penicook, Derrin Evers, Claudio Luis Vera, and Jeff Cato. All 19 presentations will take place in the Deque Showcase, located in Platinum Ballroom 3.
Wednesday, March 11th
- 9:00—9:50am: 2019 Accessibility Trends, Preety Kumar
- 10:00—10:50am: Agile Accessibility for Good, Dylan Barrell
- 11:00—11:50am: What’s New in Axe – 2020 Edition, Wilco Fiers and Chris McMeeking
- 1:20—2:10pm: Meet Axe Pro, Dylan Barrell and Harris Schneiderman
- 2:20—3:10pm: The Return on Investment of Accessibility, Greg Williams
- 3:20—4:10pm: Creating Sustainable Mobile Accessibility Programs, Chris McMeeking, Derrin Evers, and Julian Kittelson-Aldred
- 4:20—5:10pm: Accessibility Monitoring and Benchmarking, Sachin Gupta and Mark Steadman
Thursday, March 12th
- 9:00—9:50am: Using Automation to Test UI Components for Accessibility, Harris Schneiderman
- 10:00—10:50am: Inclusive and Universal: 2 Sides of the Same Design Coin? Aparna Pasi and Denis Boudreau
- 11:00—11:50am: Metrics Reporting for Accessibility Programs, Greg Williams
- 1:20—2:10pm: The Power and Perils of Empathy/Accessibility Labs, Glenda Sims, John Foliot, and Claudio Luis Vera
- 2:20—3:10pm: A Practical Enterprise Accessibility Program, Dylan Barrell and Mark Penicook
- 3:20—4:10pm: Developer Testing for Accessibility, Mark Steadman, Tony Kornimeier, and Jeff Cato
- 4:20—5:10pm: Automated Testing for the 21st Century Government, Preety Kumar
Friday, March 13th
- 9:00—9:50am: Ally Policy and Governance: Building a Control Structure, Greg Williams
- 10:00—10:50am: 14 Seconds from Failure: What Apollo 11 Can Teach Us, Michael Harshbarger and Jim Lee
- 11:00—11:50am: Accessibility Overlays: The Fix Before A11y Transformation, Sachin Gupta and Joshua McClure
- 1:20—2:10pm: Axe Clean? Expand Your Accessibility with Page Insights, Preety Kumar
- 2:20—3:10pm: Using Axe to Optimize Trusted Tester V5, Glenda Sims and Allen Hoffman
Deque Hospitality & Empathy Lab Event
On Wednesday, March 11th starting at 6:30pm, Deque will be hosting its hospitality and empathy lab event on the Platinum Patio. Space will be limited for our invite-only event featuring the Deque Empathy Lab. Network with Deque experts and product owners while enjoying heavy hors d’oeuvres, dessert, and drinks.
Secure your invite by contacting us today.