Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) 2020 with Deque
Global Accessibility Awareness Day is a great way to learn about accessibility. Join Deque's free, virtual events to celebrate this accessibility holiday!
May 21st, 2020 marks the 9th annual celebration of Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). GAAD started with a single blog post written by a Los Angeles-based web developer, Joe Devon, and Jennison Asuncion, an accessibility professional from Toronto. This accessibility holiday is a global event that helps drive awareness for those who are new to accessibility.
Deque brought participants of GAAD a variety of free, virtual events to drive awareness for digital accessibility. Be sure to also check out our Deque University Scholarship for People with Disabilities and free tools and resources!
Deque University Scholarship for People with Disabilities
Deque’s online accessibility courses are FREE for individuals with disabilities. We do this to reduce barriers to people with disabilities in education and in the workplace, and to encourage people with disabilities to enter accessibility-related professions. If you have a disability, you qualify for a scholarship to access to Deque’s in-depth web accessibility curriculum for a full year (normally $315) at no cost!
Deque’s Free Resources
Deque’s News and Resources Page has a wealth of free reports, guides, and on-demand webinars to help you stay up-to-date on accessibility trends. Below, we’ve highlighted our best tools and guides to help you get started:
- Axe: Deque’s free automated accessibility testing browser extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- Axe beta: Automatically catch tons of accessibility bugs with axe. Catch even more with axe beta features.
- Axe for Android: The most comprehensive accessibility analysis tool available for the Android Platform. Download and start testing the accessibility of your Android app today.
- Essential Guide to Accessibility Infographic
- Digital Accessibility Compliance: A Guide to Getting Started!
- Website Accessibility Checklist
- Accessibility Annotations Tool Kit
- Quick Accessibility Checklist for Designers
- Nucleus Research: The Internet is Unavailable – This report is a great way to convince your company to care about accessibility: denying full access to consumers who are blind is leaving as much as $6.9 billion annually to a handful of accessible alternative