Bring the Deque Difference to your 508 compliance plan
As more and more federal agencies utilize web-based tools to deliver information and services to constituents, 508 compliance becomes more critical to ensure that users who are disabled have equal access. Deque is the foremost expert in Section 508 implementation, support, and compliance programs at the federal level. Here are a few reasons why you need to bring the Deque difference to your agency:
- We have many years of experience working with the Federal Government and are currently the prime contractor at a major civilian federal agency.
- Our goal is to help your agency remediate your existing web content and learn to integrate accessibility into your development process for future projects.
- Deque has a variety of tools to help you through the entire process and to accomodate your agency’s particular accessibility needs.
- Deque Systems has been appraised at Level 2 of the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI). See our full list of memberships and certifications.
- We are the foremost experts on 508 compliance.
Section 508 is an amendment to the 1973 Rehabilitation Act made in 1998 requiring Federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology accessible to people with disabilities. It covers software applications and operating systems, web-based intranet and internet information and applications, telecommunications products, videos or multimedia products, self contained and/or closed products, and desktop and portable computers.
Recently, a Department of Justice survey revealed that although some progress has been made on making Federal agencies’ web and electronic content accessible.
FederalNews.com writes that:
- A little more than 50 percent of agency components said they had established a Section 508 policy.
- Nearly 70 percent had appointed a Section 508 coordinator.
- Nearly 60 percent did not provide Section 508 training to their staff.
- Less than 50 percent incorporated Section 508 requirements in each procurement solicitations.
The Deque Difference
The Deque suite of tools provide dynamic solutions for all of your accessibility needs. FireEyes is our in-browser tool for developers that integrates with WorldSpace Sync – our enterprise accessibility solution. In addition to WorldSpace and FireEyes, we have Amaze – a ground-breaking new technology that creates accessibility overlays that eliminate barriers to your users while you are in the process of remediation.
Click here for more information on WorldSpace Sync, Deque’s automated testing tool that supports large civilian agencies with the task of measuring and reporting on their level of Section 508 compliance
Click here for more information on Amaze, our revolutionary new solution for fast and efficient remediation.