Friday, March 12th
Registration for this year’s axe-hackathon will be announced soon! In the meantime, you can learn more below:
After axe-con, we will host our 5th annual axe-hackathon, now completely online. Contribute to making the web accessible to people with disabilities by coding and collaborating with colleagues on axe-related projects.
We will be…
- Testing open source component libraries and logging accessibility issues
- Building new axe integrations
- Sharing knowledge and solutions with our fellow accessibility devotees
- Working on personal accessibility projects
- Virtually hanging out with awesome people and making the web a better place
Who should come?
You should come. And bring your friends. This hackathon is open to all experience levels. If you can download a browser extension, you can test for accessibility. We’ll also have some advanced project opportunities for our more seasoned a11y friends.
Will there be accessibility accommodations?
We will provide captioning for the opening and closing of the hackathon. The event will mostly consist of people working independently and in small groups on various projects, so it won’t be possible to caption absolutely everything said at the event. If you need ASL interpretation or other forms of accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com.