The Vice President of Engineering will report to the Chief Product Officer. The person in this role will grow and manage the Product Development Organization which is comprised of multiple Product Teams. They will directly supervise our Technical Leads and will oversee our Product Development process to ensure the company’s needs are met in terms of security, efficiency, quality and performance.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of world-class talent, work with tech leads to determine resource needs and help teams to fill these needs
- Manage the intern program
- Manage the technical leads
- Helps the teams select the best tools for efficient development
- Oversee the evolution of the development processes so that these meet the efficiency, security, IP protection, quality, performance, cost and scalability needs of the organization
- Pushes for agile practices, CI/CD, and increasing automated test coverage
- Sets policies and required practices
- Provides reports that among other things allows the company to avail of R&D tax credits
- Manages remote employees as well as co-located and distributed teams
- 10 years in software development
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a selective school
- 3 years as an Engineering Manager, with responsibilities similar to the ones described above
- Successfully transitioned from an individual contributor to Engineering Manager
- Has past technical experience with:
- N-tier architectures
- Writing code for products for a B2B software product company
- Scaling complex systems
- SQL and NoSQL database design and optimization
- Development of and use of internal and external APIs
- Internationalization and localization
- Developing secure systems
- Secure software development practices
- Development operations, continuous integration and efficient build, test and deployment systems
- Performed code reviews and was seen as a technical leader by peers
- Debugged code written by others
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Ann Arbor, MI or the possibility for remote location within the U.S. Eastern or Central time-zones
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!