Deque looking for a new addition to the User Experience team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to design elegant, modern, and fully accessible web applications for millions of users worldwide. You will also be conducting user research, ideating, prototyping, and communicating designs to the product team and stakeholders—full lifecycle design. Position specifics with be determined based on the candidate’s prowess and experience. This position reports to the Principal User Experience Designer.
We’re looking for individuals who demonstrate:
- Strong design prowess and foundation in UCD.
- Experience shepherding designs through an agile/Scrum development process.
- A personal drive and a positive attitude.
- A passion for making the web a better place.
- Works cross-functionally with product, marketing, and executives to create and execute on the Deque UX Design vision.
- Shepherd, contribute, and evolve Deque’s fully accessible pattern library.
- Evangelize the UX discipline and tenants of accessibility internally and externally.
- Design and deliver high-quality wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups.
- Work closely with product management to distill market, user, and usability research into tangible and actionable strategies and designs.
- Conduct user research, discovery, and evaluate user feedback.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to define complex features and interactions and implement designs.
- Portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth of work experience as a UX practitioner
- 5-7 years of full-cycle UX design experience
- Experience working with product development teams
- Design experience with B2B products and services helpful
- Experience designing tools that developers utilize helpful (ie. GitHub).
- Ability to succinctly communicate design concepts and design intent to colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency designing low to high fidelity prototypes with a variety of tools.
- Experience designing web applications–preference to development-based tools and b2b.
- Experience with user research techniques – interviewing users, designing surveys, mental modeling, moderating usability tests, etc.
- Attention to detail at all levels of research and design.
This position can be based anywhere in the continental U.S., although the Eastern time zone is preferred.
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, top US banks and insurance companies, retailers, airlines, hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque via our online application.
Usual reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!