Deque is seeking a Senior Relationship Manager to join the Professional Services department. Our ideal candidate for this position is a strategic, enthusiastic, and hands-on consultant who has a track record of making customers successful, building strong relationships with people at all levels in an organization, and identifying new business opportunities.
The Senior Relationship Manager will oversee multiple concurrent projects with responsibility for customer satisfaction leading to growth for the Deque brand and our enterprise products and services. You will be part of a cross-functional services team and work directly with our Sales and Product Development departments. The Senior Relationship Manager must be a strategic thinker, a relationship builder, be results focused, with the ability to oversee all aspects of making a customer successful and growing the account. In addition to being very comfortable “walking the halls” of the customer to identify opportunities, the ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, open environment where personal responsibility and open, direct, respectful communications are highly valued.
- Develop strong relationships with complex customers and that lead to additional business opportunities for Deque
- Utilize their knowledge of large complex organizations to navigate and open doors that lead to potential revenue opportunities
- Develop and manage resource plans, project schedules, financial forecasts, and other deliverables for complex customers
- Listen to customer challenges, think and come up with solutions that lead them to succeed
- Oversee successful delivery of multiple simultaneous consulting services and product implementation projects to federal government agencies leading to high customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with Deque leadership to devise and execute on a growth strategy for accounts
- Learn and remain current on accessibility standards and Deque processes and products
- Work effectively with subject matter experts (SME) and project managers to ensure that the customer receives the best possible advice/outcome
- Minimum 5 years of Program/Project Management experience working with federal government agencies to provide software services and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Ability to be assertive when needed yet tactful with internal and external partners
- Ability to listen to customer issues and propose creative solutions to their challenges
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal teams
- Experience writing proposals, statements of work, change requests, and proposals
- Familiarity with agile web development processes, technologies, and tools
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, while still paying attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to manage projects successfully from request to execution, collaborating with multiple organizations and team members
- Ability to travel throughout the U.S. up to 25%
- Ability to obtain clearance to work with federal government agencies as needed
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Herndon, Virginia or a remote location within the U.S.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!