Our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their physical ability, should have equal access to everything online. Our focus is to train, equip, and help large organizations ensure that their websites and mobile apps are accessible.
We are a world-wide group of professionals who are passionate about:
- building great software products
- providing strategic consulting
- testing for accessibility
so that our customers can become self-sufficient in developing accessible websites and apps.
We are a private company, serving a growing list of customers whose brands are recognized world-wide.
About our Products
Our products are used by global brands to test and fix the accessibility of their mission-critical, high-traffic websites. Our products have earned a reputation for reliability, performance, and robustness because we ensure that they are well architected, carefully implemented and thoroughly tested.
Our products use both Java/Spring and Node.js/Express platforms to deliver web applications and REST services, utilizing the latest in deployment technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes. Our products are installed by our end customers or accessed via our AWS based cloud services. We have products to test native mobile apps on iOS and Android. Our products are integrated with popular development tools such as Jira and Selenium and we routinely develop browser extensions to make our products easy for web developers to use. Check out our website for product descriptions.
We are active contributors to the open source community and have recently released our aXe rules engine as an open source project on GitHub.
Working on a scrum team you will be responsible for implementing product features. You will be able to initially rely on other team members to help you understand the product vision and architecture, to develop wireframes, to add help and other content and to execute functional tests. To be most valuable you will need to be comfortable with both front-end and back-end development.
By working with the team that is respected worldwide for their web and mobile accessibility expertise you will learn about digital accessibility. Because our customers are at the leading edge of web design and implementation you will be continually exposed to and required to learn new web and mobile technology, particularly UI frameworks and patterns.
We are a software product company and you will be working on the heart of the business, not just an IT system. Our products are used by some of the world’s largest companies and your work will have a positive impact on millions of people.
If you are the kind of developer who thrives on technical challenges and loves to stay on the leading edge of web development and wants to enjoy working with talented colleagues, we have a lot to offer.
Essential skills and experience include:
- 5 years of Java development experience
- 3 year experience with Spring stack of technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Integration
- 3 year experience with Restful services
- Experience with SQL databases (e.g. Oracle, MySql, PostgreSql, Sql Server, etc.) or No-SQL (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with design/development of highly available, distributed and scalable applications
- Familiar with Enterprise Integration Pattern
- Experience with Messaging Systems such as ActiveMq, RabbitMq, Apache Kafka
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with container service such as Docker
- Big Data experience (Hadoop, Spark, Storm) is a plus
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement, as well as 15 days paid time off, and 401(k) plan participation.
How to Apply
Usual reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company.