Deque Systems, Inc. is seeking a Senior Manager of Consulting Services. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with experience leading teams of Accessibility Consultants in support of external customers. This role is responsible for the successful delivery of a portfolio of consulting services and product implementation projects. The Senior Manager of Consulting Services will manage a team of Accessibility Consultants with responsibility for employee and process development.
Based in our Ann Arbor, MI or Herndon, VA office, you will be part of a cross-functional Services team and work very closely with our project management, developer services, and sales departments. The Senior Manager, Consulting Services must be delivery- and efficiency-focused, with the ability to manage all aspects of a consulting team including resource planning, process improvement, talent management, and customer relationship management. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where personal responsibility and open, direct, respectful communications are highly valued.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the delivery of high-quality consulting services across a portfolio of commercial and federal government projects
- Monitor performance of team members and provide timely feedback and development assistance
- Foster an environment of continuous learning, innovation and excellence
- Manage resource assignments and staffing levels, including recruitment as needed
- Identify and implement improvements to the processes and tools used in the Accessibility Consulting practice area
- Review and approve formal statements of work, change requests, and proposals
- Effectively collaborate with peers and company leadership to accomplish team, corporate and client objectives
- Develop senior-level relationships with customers
- Minimum 5 years of direct management experience
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience leading teams of consultants providing services to external customers
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Experience writing statements of work, change requests, and proposals
- Familiarity with agile web development processes, technologies, and tools
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, while still paying attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and self-starter attitude, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally
- Bachelor’s degree
Ann Arbor, Michigan or Herndon, Virginia
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, top US banks and insurance companies, retailers, airlines, hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque via our online application.
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
Innovation with results that matter
Deliver what you promise
Open, direct & respectful communications
We care deeply
We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our company!