Deque’s flagship product Axe is an open source accessibility test tool with numerous integrations. The applicant would:
- Develop Axe and its integrations (Eg: Browser Extensions & tooling for other languages like Java/ Ruby)
- Develop Axe Pro, a guided accessibility testing tool
- Develop Attest, an Enterprise product suite built on Axe
- Develop & Maintain Axe and Axe Pro products
- Investigate issues, communicate to Customers, Deque services teams, as well as liaise with Product Development
- Be a core team player by contributing to the improvement of Deque’s product development infrastructure
- Assist in the monitoring and remediation of security vulnerabilities within the product suite
- Resolve technical support calls/emails for Deque’s software products including installation and configuration
Required Skill Set
- HTML, CSS
- Git, familiarity with Github
- Test Driven Development
- Experience with test automation and CI
- Solid understanding of the technologies involved in web-based applications
- More than 5 years of experience, and a background in Computer Science is preferred
Bonus Skill Set
- Knowledge of web accessibility
- Experience using and developing pattern library
- Worked with Typescript is beneficial
- Experience participating in W3C groups
- Experience working in open source
- Browser extensions development
- Experience with managing Java & Ruby applications
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, top US banks and insurance companies, retailers, airlines, hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque via our online application.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!