Deque is seeking a Senior Java Engineer to join the Product Development Team.
Working on a scrum team you will be responsible for implementing product features. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with both front-end and back-end development.
You will be working collaboratively with a global team; solving problems and developing code using pair programming, test-driven development, and clean code.
By working with the team that is respected worldwide for their web and mobile accessibility expertise, you will learn about digital accessibility. Because our customers are at the leading edge of web design and implementation, you will be continually exposed to and required to learn new web and mobile technology, particularly UI frameworks and patterns.
We are a software product company and you will be working on the heart of the business, not just an IT system. Our products are used by some of the world’s largest companies and your work will have a positive impact on millions of people.
If you are the kind of developer who thrives on technical challenges and loves to stay on the leading edge of web development and wants to enjoy working with talented colleagues, we have a lot to offer.
- Design, develop, and deliver high-quality Java and Groovy code following Test Driven Development practices
- Pair with other senior engineers located in both Southeast Michigan and Hyderabad, India to solve complex problems
- Implement and design features of Deque Products
- Front-end and back-end development
- Essential skills and experience include:
- 5 years of Java development experience
- 3 years experience with the development of web clients and services using Spring stack of technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Integration
- 3 years experience with Restful services
- Experience in the design, development, and delivery of enterprise software products that are highly available, distributed and scalable
- Management and use of SQL databases (e.g. Oracle, MySql, PostgreSql, Sql Server, etc.)
- Experience with code-level testing patterns and frameworks such as Test-Driven Development, unit testing, and mocking
- Experience working on Agile teams using Scrum-like methodologies
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Familiar with Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience with OAuth 2.0
- Experience with Pair programming
- Experience with Messaging Systems such as ActiveMq, RabbitMq, Apache Kafka
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with containerized services such as Docker
- Experience with continuous integration platforms like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Big Data experience (Hadoop, Spark, Storm) is a plus
Ann Arbor, MI
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, top US banks and insurance companies, retailers, airlines, hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque via our online application.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!