Deque is seeking a full-time Project Manager to join the Professional Services Department. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, hands-on, Project Manager who has a track record of helping customers succeed. This role will be the customer’s primary contact and responsible for delivering consulting services and product implementations.
The Project Manager will lead multiple concurrent projects, while prioritizing customer satisfaction, ultimately helping to grow the Deque brand and our enterprise products and services. You will be part of a cross-functional Professional Services team and work closely with Senior Management, colleagues within our Sales Department, and a team of Accessibility Consultants.
The Project Manager must be delivery-focused, with the ability to manage all aspects of project delivery, including resource planning and financial management. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where open, direct, respectful communications and personal accountability and responsibility are highly valued.
- Deliver consulting services and product implementation projects leading to high customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage resource plans, project schedules, financial forecasts, and other deliverables based on statements of work
- Negotiate changes to scope, schedules, and financials
- Lead effective meetings and communicate effectively to ensure project success
- Work effectively with subject matter experts (SME) to ensure that the customer receives the best possible advice/outcome
- Understand and anticipate requirements
- Influence and shape the solution approach
- Prepare and deliver persuasive presentations
- Report on billable hours, manage project budget and goals and assist management in meeting utilization and profitability goals
- Establish and maintain additional relationships as part of the Account Management Plan
- Be an important part of achieving our mission of Digital Equality
- Learn and stay current on accessibility standards [ WCAG 2 and Section 508]
- Learn and use our software products to develop a deep knowledge of the technology and its leverage in solving customer problems
- Bring the “voice of the customer” to the rest of the company, and especially to the product development teams and provide them with insight and opportunities to understand how the products are actually used
- Help identify and resolve recurrent/important problems in customer interaction or project execution
- Other duties as assigned at the discretion of your manager
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience leading a team of consultants providing services in support of enterprise software
- Experience writing statements of work, change requests and proposals
- Demonstrated skills at leading teams of experts in a matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, phone and electronic)
- Familiarity with agile web development processes, technologies, and tools
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, while still paying attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to manage projects successfully from request to execution, collaborating with multiple organizations and team members
- A strong work ethic and self-starter attitude, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally
- Ability to obtain clearance to work with federal government agencies as needed
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Herndon, VA; Washington, DC metro area; Ann Arbor, MI or the possibility for remote location
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!