Deque is seeking a full-time Project Manager to join the Professional Services team. Our ideal candidate for this position is an enthusiastic, hands-on, project manager who has a track record of making customers successful. This role will be the primary customer contact with responsibility for delivering consulting services and product implementations. The Project Manager will lead multiple concurrent projects with responsibility for customer satisfaction leading to growth for the Deque brand and our enterprise products and services.
You will be part of a cross-functional Services team and work closely with senior management, colleagues in Sales and a team of accessibility consultants. The Project Manager must be delivery-focused, with the ability to manage all aspects of project delivery, including resource planning and financial management. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, open environment where personal responsibility and open, direct, respectful communications are highly valued.
- Deliver consulting services and product implementation projects leading to high customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage resource plans, project schedules, financial forecasts, and other deliverables based on statements of work
- Understand and negotiate changes to scope, schedules, and financials
- Lead productive meetings and communicate effectively to ensure project success
- Work effectively with Accessibility Consultants to ensure that the customer receives the best possible advice/outcome
- Understand and anticipate requirements internally and externally
- Influence and shape the solution approach with a focus on development for accessibility
- Proficient use of Deque chosen Professional Services automation tool
- Report on billable hours, manage project budget and assist management in meeting utilization and revenue goals
- Develop strong client relationships that lead to mutual successes
- Be an important part of achieving our mission of Digital Equality
- Learn and stay current on accessibility standards [i.e.WCAG and Section 508]
- Learn and use our software products to develop a deep knowledge of the technology and its leverage in solving customer problems
- Know and understand common accessibility issues, severity levels, and how to present guidance on results and remediation
- Mentor the customer that accessibility is a journey and not a project and help them understand the benefits of shifting left
- Bring the “voice of the customer” to the rest of the company, and especially to the product development teams and provide them with insight and opportunities to understand how the products are used
- Help identify and resolve recurrent/important problems in customer interaction or project execution
- Other duties as assigned at the discretion of your manager
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management or Professional Services experience leading a team of consultants
- Experience working with External Customers on projects in a professional services environment
- Experience writing statements of work, change requests and proposals
- Demonstrated skills at leading teams of experts in a matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, phone and electronic)
- Familiarity with agile web development processes, technologies, and tools
- SDLC and CI/CD knowledge
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, while still paying attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to manage projects successfully from request to execution, collaborating with multiple organizations and team members
- Ability to dynamically craft messaging to multiple audiences based on situational awareness
- A strong work ethic and self-starter attitude, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, top US banks and insurance companies, retailers, airlines, hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled.
Ann Arbor, MI, Herndon, VA/Washington, DC metro area; Minneapolis, MN or the possibility for a remote location.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!