Deque Systems is looking for someone to be the chief operating officer for one of our flagship products. As the Product Owner, this person will make all the hard decisions with respect to prioritization – taking information from support, engineering and the market to help in this process.
The successful candidate will excel at consuming and coalescing multiple streams of information into a coherent product road map. They will work with the Engineering Leads to define and maintain metrics to track the effectiveness of the development team. They will work with the QA team to ensure that product releases are high quality and will proactively communicate with all stakeholders including the product marketing and management teams to make the releases of our products smooth and seamless.
- Prioritize resources and features, set objectives for the sprints, maintain a roadmap of features in order to increase market share and increase adoption within the target market
- Work with engineering and support to improve the development team’s efficiency
- Ensure ticket acceptance criteria are clear and complete
- Work with QA and development to ensure complete and efficient testing
- Ensure the product managers are equipped with updated documentation, have accurate and timely changelogs, that sprint demo videos exist for every sprint feature and that those videos are available early in the process
- Work with customer support to resolve customer issues including triaging and prioritizing bugs and customer-reported issues
- Work with our product managers to understand market priorities
- Ensure the development team is working on the highest priorities
- Work with our UX/UI designers to produce the mockups of UI (changes) to be implemented
- Experience as a product owner or product manager
- Previous technical experience; Background working as a developer or engineer would be preferred.
- Previous experience with B2B enterprise software products
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent prioritization and coordination skills
Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, top US banks and insurance companies, retailers, airlines, hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque via our online application.
Usual reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!