Deque is looking for a hands-on Information Systems Security Professional to join its IT infrastructure and product development teams. Our ideal candidate has been part of an INFOSEC team and has hands-on experience with the tools, procedures, and practices of a SaaS company serving large corporations and large US Government agencies. They will be committed to a career in InfoSec and working toward a CISSP certification.
In this position, you will be the primary point of contact with customers’ InfoSec questions and will work with Sales and Operations to ensure that customers feel confident in having Deque handle their confidential information. You will also be the driver of the testing, monitoring, and auditing tasks required by our security, privacy, and business-continuity policies and procedures. Based on your knowledge of industry best practices, trends in the InfoSec profession, and the results of actual testing, you will recommend improvements and work with Product Development and Operations to implement approved changes. You will be responsible for maintaining the relevant documents and communicating changes to policies and practices to the rest of the company and its affiliates.
- Regular monitoring of IT network and hosted products for security
- Work with IT and SaaS system administrators to ensure networks and servers are secure
- Conduct periodic penetration testing. Document, communicate, and follow-through on the results
- Perform audits and test incident-response and business-continuity plans. Document, communicate, and follow-through on the results
- Answer customer questions about information systems security and business continuity
- Maintain all security, privacy, and business-continuity policy and procedures documents
- 5 years of IT operations experience
- 2 years of InfoSec team experience
- Knowledge of InfoSec and IT risk-assessment practices at a top bank in the US or a cabinet-level US Federal Government Agency
- Knowledge of InfoSec standards and frameworks such as BSIMM, ISO27K, NIST, and FedRAMP
- Experience in the use of security monitoring and penetration testing tools such as Nessus, Nmap, Metasploit and particularly in relation to cloud security and SaaS applications.
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Ann Arbor, MI
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!