Working on a dynamic customer-facing team, you will be responsible for finding creative solutions for customer’s accessibility problems. You will also be responsible for product success, helping include Deque products and services into the customer’s software development life cycle.
By working with the team that is respected worldwide for their web and mobile accessibility expertise you will learn about digital accessibility. Because our customers are at the leading edge of web design and implementation you will be continually exposed to and required to learn new web and mobile technology, particularly UI frameworks and patterns.
We are a software product company, and you will be working in the heart of the business, not just an IT system. Our products are used by some of the world’s largest companies, and your work will have a positive impact on millions of people.
If you are the kind of developer who thrives on technical challenges and loves to stay on the leading edge of web development and wants to enjoy working with talented colleagues, we have a lot to offer.
- Work with customer’s development teams to provide creative solutions to accessibility problems
- Help integrate Deque’s products and services into the customer’s software development life cycle
- Create customized reports for accessibility compliance, using modern web technologies
- Work in a team environment to review pull requests and ensure quality code and integrity
- Develop accessible, reusable UI components that can be easily implemented in a customer environment
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Angular and React
- Experience writing automated tests and testable code
- Experience with Git, pull requests, and version control
- A desire to learn (more) about accessibility
- Ability and willingness for occasional travel is required
- You are someone who can be a team player and isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Although not required, experience with Java would be very nice, as would experience with server-side languages like Node, and experience with databases
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Ann Arbor, MI or the possibility for remote location
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement, as well as 15 days paid time off, and 401(k) plan participation.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque
via our online application.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!