Working on a dynamic customer-facing team, you will be responsible for finding creative solutions for customer’s accessibility problems. You will also be responsible for product success at customer premises by ensuring successful implementation and inclusion of Deque products in the customer development life cycle. To be most valuable you will need to be comfortable with both front-end and back-end development.
By working with the team that is respected worldwide for their web and mobile accessibility expertise you will learn about digital accessibility. Because our customers are at the leading edge of web design and implementation you will be continually exposed to and required to learn new web and mobile technology, particularly UI frameworks and patterns.
If you are the kind of developer who thrives on technical challenges and loves to stay on the leading edge of web development and wants to enjoy working with talented colleagues, we have a lot to offer.
- Consulting with the customer development team to provide creative solutions to the customers’ accessibility problems
- Implement Deque’s products in the customer environment and provide appropriate technical training.
- Host developer centric workshops and provide training to the developers on the development of accessible components.
- Develop and manage accessible, reusable UI components that can be easily implemented in a customer environment
- 5 years of Front-end development experience
- Experience with SQL Databases (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.) or No-SQL (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with design/development of highly available, distributed and scalable applications
- Experience with modern UI frameworks such as AngularJS or ReactJS
- Experience in writing automated tests and testable code
- Experience with modern version control and build tools
- Open to learning new front-end development technologies
- Familiarity with agile web development processes, technologies, and tools
- Native App development (Android and/or iOS) expertise preferred
- Accessibility knowledge is desirable
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally is desirable
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Ann Arbor, MI or the possibility for remote location
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement, as well as 15 days paid time off, and 401(k) plan participation.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque
via our online application.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!