Deque is seeking a senior sales executive based in Washington DC Metro area to drive primarily new enterprise license and services business with direct responsibility for opportunity identification, qualification, and development in new accounts. This is a customer-facing outside sales position. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and passionate professional that embodies Deque’s values, and fosters team work.
The top priorities for this position include understanding customer goals and initiatives, meeting customer success goals, and ensuring customers realize the value Deque delivers. He/she will have an outstanding track record and reputation for achieving sales goals by selling enterprise software solutions. He/she will be sharp, professionally aggressive, and love to hunt. A broad network of federal contacts with a strong track record in Federal software and services sales is essential.
- Internalize and enact Deque values
- Develop/maintain account and industry knowledge
- Build strong relationships and identify customer needs within assigned accounts
- Manage the full sales cycle from opportunity identification through order processing by utilizing a Solutions Selling approach
- Consistently meet or exceed forecast and booking targets
- Build and maintain an opportunity pipeline 3-4x booking targets
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans
- Utilize Salesforce to manage all aspects of prospecting, opportunity management, forecasting, client communications, contacts, activities, and tasks
- 100% or greater quota attainment as defined by the compensation plan
- Pipeline development, validity, and movement – maintain a minimum of 3X qualified pipeline to quota ratio. Show opportunity progress throughout the sales cycle
- Forecast accurately – +/- 10%
- Sales activities – customer interactions that move the sales cycle forward, events, webinars
- Education – College degree (BA/BS) – is required. A technical major is preferred
- Experience – minimum of five (5) years customer-facing sales of enterprise software solutions at the C-level
- Domain knowledge – the ideal applicant with have in-depth knowledge of application and/or web development, software integration and familiarity with DevOps, Agile and Test Automation. Experience in Web IDE’s, Web Compliance, or Web Services is highly desirable. A strong understanding of web maintenance issues, guidelines, and laws governing government information technology, and business process associated with risk management is desired. Familiarity with Section 508 compliance and accessibility a plus.
- Performance – proven ability to consistently meet or exceed sales quota. You should have a desire to grow rapidly with over achievement as your goal.
- Approach – experience with solution-selling/consultative selling methodologies (i.e. Shipley)
- Communication – You should be able to clearly and effectively communicate with customers in both written and verbal fashion. Written communication should show a high attention to detail. Verbal communication should be formal and indicate the ability to communicate complex topics concisely.
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. Installed in over 250,000 browsers and with over 1,000 audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque
via our online application.
Usual reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!