Deque is seeking a full-time Engagement Manager to join our growing Professional Services team. This position interfaces directly with our Federal Government clients and emphasizes relationship building skills and account growth as well as project management.
Our ideal candidate for this position is strategically minded; a proven problem solver who is consultative in nature yet persuasive in approach. We are looking for a track record of experience in growing accounts and developing strong customer relationships while helping the client achieve their organizational objectives.
This role will be the primary customer contact with responsibility for delivering consulting services and product implementations. The Engagement Manager will lead multiple concurrent projects with responsibility for customer satisfaction leading to growth for the Deque brand and our enterprise products and services.
You will lead a cross-functional Services team and work directly with our Sales and Product teams. The Engagement Manager is delivery-focused, with the ability to manage all aspects of project delivery, including resource planning and financial management. The ideal candidate will thrive in Deque’s fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where personal responsibility and open, direct, respectful communications are highly valued.
- Development of strong client relationships that lead to mutual successes
- Identification of new opportunities where Deque can assist our clients in meeting their accessibility objectives
- Delivery of consulting services and product implementation projects leading to high customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage resource plans, project schedules, financial forecasts, and other deliverables based on statements of work
- Negotiate changes to scope, schedules, contracts, and financials
- Lead effective internal and customer-facing meetings
- Communicate formally and informally to ensure project success
- Become an expert in Deque processes and products and contribute to improvements
- Learn and remain current on accessibility standards
- Work effectively with Accessibility Consultants to ensure that the customer receives the best possible advice/outcome
- Management of subcontracted team members
- Minimum 5 years of experience as the primary relationship owner for key accounts
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience
- A strong work ethic and self-starter attitude, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Experience writing statements of work, change requests, and proposals
- Familiarity with agile web development processes, technologies, and tools
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, while still paying attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to manage projects successfully from request to execution, collaborating with multiple organizations and team members
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally
- Ability to obtain clearance to work with federal government agencies as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, top US banks and insurance companies, retailers, airlines, hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque via our online application.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!