Deque looking for a new addition to the Marketing team. In this role you would focus on owning our customer communications, success stories, the customer community forum and customer marketing campaigns that enable us to leverage the existing install base as a growth engine and drive cross-sell and upsell revenue. This position reports to the Customer and Community Marketing Manager.
We’re looking for individuals at all levels, but what matters most for us over “years of experience” is someone who has:
- Strong communications skills, including an ability to take complex subject matter and translate it into practical information and guidance for non-experts.
- A personal drive and positive attitude.
- A passion for making the web a better place.
- Works cross-functionally with product, marketing, sales, and services to create and execute on the Customer Marketing vision.
- Build and maintain content plan in support of customer engagement, retention and expansion.
- Collaborate with colleagues to perform research, run experiments, and report on findings.
- Present new ideas and campaign progress at team and cross-functional meetings.
- Inspire a passion for customer care internally and a passion for accessibility externally.
- Manage customer community-forum platform; including content creation, forum moderation, documentation oversight, reporting and more.
- Compose and send customer emails.
- Manage and maintain engagement and advocacy programs; continually recruit new customer advocates.
- Manage and moderate user group meetings.
- Manage a library of customer success stories.
- Create content to enable customer upsell, cross-sell, and advocacy opportunities.
- Provide product feedback given by advocates to the Product Management team.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communications, marketing and business.
- 1-3 years marketing-related experience.
- Bonus points for experience with, Discourse Forums, Salesforce, HubSpot (but not required).
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. Installed in over 250,000 browsers and with over 1,000 audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
This position is based out of our office in Ann Arbor, MI with some flexibility for remote work.
Career Fulfillment & Culture
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Pretty Kumar is internally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic. Candidates are expected to exhibit the following core values. We take these very seriously to preserve our special culture:
- Innovation with results that matter.
- Deliver what you promise.
- Can-do attitude.
- Open, direct & respectful communications.
- We care deeply.
- We practice humility.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!