As an Android Developer at Deque you will be responsible for continuing the company’s mission of making accessibility a simple and efficient part of the mobile development process. You will primarily work to create and maintain technologies for developing other technologies, such as linters, automation libraries, accessibility scanning applications, and more. Working in and mastering the complex world of digital accessibility is a challenge that you will get to overcome.
- Partner with Lead Android developer on everything Android
- Maintain an open-source accessibility library
- Create demonstrative applications for target customers and the general public
- Enhance the flagship product in conjunction with a full stack team
- Experience as an Android engineer
- Experience developing and releasing Android applications
- Knowledge of Java programming language (Kotlin is a bonus)
- Broad experience across the Android Platform APIs
- Experience maintaining and updating legacy applications
- Experience architecting new Android applications
- An appreciation of process
- Experience with and an appreciation of TDD
- Awareness of mobile form factor, design principles, and Material Design
- A willingness to travel
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
This position is based out of our office in Ann Arbor, MI
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement, as well as 15 days paid time off, and 401(k) plan participation.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque
via our online application.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!