Deque is searching for an Accessibility Program Office (“APO”) Consultant that will provide digital accessibility consulting and program maturation services to customers, ensuring customer success. The person in this position will work directly with customers and a Deque team to deliver high-value digital accessibility services. They will help customers launch and mature accessibility programs to self-sufficiency, using a mix of Deque services and products. A strong candidate for this role will be proactive, a life-long learner and have a track record of delivering exceptional service.
- Be a passionate champion for accessibility and provide subject matter expertise in accessibility, assistive technologies, and universal design
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders in all relevant areas of the business, including technology, compliance, purchasing, etc.
- Conduct post-project and periodic customer satisfaction surveys
- Integrate accessibility and 508/WCAG-compliance into organizations through process, procedure, governance, and services/tools
- Contribute to program documentation/guidelines and design of new APO services
- Collaborate with centralized accessibility function owners, user experience designers, usability engineers, developers, and quality assurance specialists to enable design and implementation of accessible user interfaces for websites, mobile apps, and other electronic instructional materials
- Evaluate all aspects of digital accessibility programs and provide roadmaps for maturation
- Answer questions on implementing specific program requirements and services/tools
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in digital accessibility
- Knowledge in
- WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- 508 Refresh compliance and VPAT
- Program Management
- Accessibility Regulation, Litigation, and Complaints
- Applicants should be able to provide/demonstrate examples of their previous program work
- Experience evaluating web applications, mobile applications, different formats of graphics, animations/Flash, electronic documents such as Microsoft Office and PDFs for conformance with the full range of WCAG 2.0 Level A/AA Success Criteria
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Travel locally and within the country by air, rail, and car
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience presenting and explaining recommendations for remediation
- Experience conducting usability testing with people with disabilities
- Experience training, mentoring or advocating on accessibility topics
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Herndon, VA; Ann Arbor, MI or the possibility for remote location
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!