Deque is seeking an Accessibility Consultant to provide digital accessibility consulting and testing to Federal customers. You will work directly with customers, in a team setting, to deliver high value digital accessibility services.
The successful candidate will be proactive, a life-long learner and have a track record of delivering exceptional service.
- Apply detailed knowledge of 508 and WCAG
- Test for compliance with accessibility standards using:
- WorldSpace Attest, Assure and Comply
- Assistive Technology
- Inspect web code and identify accessibility issues
- Produce written recommendations for resolving accessibility issues
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0 or Section 508)
- Knowledge of assistive technologies utilizing NVDA, JAWS and other tools for testing
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Some experience with web-site/web-application development tools
- Demonstrated skills working with teams of designers/developers/testers
- Excellent verbal, phone and E-mail communication skills
- Travel locally and within the country by air, rail and car
- Due to contract requirements, candidate must be a United States Citizen
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with web-application testing
- Experience with PDF Accessibility
- Present and explain recommendations for remediation
- Certifications/Credentials is a PLUS:
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!