Deque is searching for an Accessibility Consultant that will provide digital accessibility testing and consulting to customers. The person in this position will work directly with customers and a Deque team to deliver high-value digital accessibility services to our customers. They will help customers find and fix accessibility issues. A strong candidate for this role will be proactive, a life-long learner and have a track record of delivering exceptional service.
- Evaluate digital assets for accessibility by applying detailed knowledge of WCAG and Section 508 requirements as well as inspecting web code and accurately identifying accessibility issues
- Test for compliance with accessibility standards using WorldSpace Attest, Assure, Comply and Assistive Technology
- Produce written recommendations for resolving accessibility issues
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in digital accessibility
- Experience evaluating web pages for WCAG 2.0 A/AA conformance
- Accessibility testing experience with at least one of the following screen readers: NVDA, JAWS or VoiceOver
- Some experience coding accessible web pages using HTML and CSS
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Travel locally and within the country by air, rail, and car
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a security clearance
- Considering U.S. residents and permanent citizens
- Experience presenting and explaining recommendations for accessibility remediation to designers, developers and/or content contributors.
- Detailed knowledge of accessibility standards such as WCAG 2.1 A and AA as well as 505 Refresh
- Experience testing the following types of digital assets for accessibility: PDF or ePub documents, Microsoft Office documents (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), single page web applications or native mobile applications
- Experience completing VPATs
- Certifications/Credentials: IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) or Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS)
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Herndon, VA; Ann Arbor, MI or the possibility for remote location
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!