Deque is searching for an Accessibility Consultant that will provide digital accessibility testing and consulting to customers. The person in this position will work directly with customers and a Deque team to deliver high-value digital accessibility services to our customers. They will help customers find and fix accessibility issues. A strong candidate for this role will be proactive, a life-long learner, and have a track record of delivering exceptional service.
- Perform assessments on digital assets for WCAG and Section 508 compliance following the DequeWay methodology
- Identify and clearly document accessibility issues
- Identify and clearly document remediation recommendations
- Demonstrate proficiency with Deque Software Tools
- Set up axe Auditor test cases and complete test runs
- Run axe and axe Expert browser extension
- Set up and run automated scans using axe Monitor
- May answer developer, designer, and content contributor questions about accessibility requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in professional digital accessibility testing
- Experience evaluating web pages for WCAG 2.0 A/AA conformance
- Intermediate skill level and accessibility testing experience with at least one of the following screen readers:
- Experience coding accessible web pages using HTML and CSS
- Can write accessibility recommendations for remediation
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of experience in professional digital accessibility testing
- Experience evaluating web pages against one or more of the following standards:
- WCAG 2.1 A/AA
- Section 508 conformance
- EN 301 549 (EU) conformance
- Experience testing any of the following types of digital assets for accessibility: PDF or Microsoft Office documents (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Experience testing native mobile apps for accessibility.
- Detailed knowledge of Deque Software Tools (axe, axe Expert, axe Auditor, and axe Monitor)
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a security clearance.
- Considering U.S. citizens and permanent residents due to client security requirements.
Deque equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we are passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, top US banks and insurance companies, retailers, airlines, hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Herndon, VA, or remote location.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!