Deque is searching for an Accessibility Consultant that will provide digital accessibility testing and consulting to customers. The person in this position will work directly with customers and a Deque team to deliver high-value digital accessibility services to our customers. They will help customers find and fix accessibility issues. A strong candidate for this role will be proactive, a life-long learner and have a track record of delivering exceptional service.
- Perform WCAG assessments on digital assets the basis of WCAG and Section 508 (Desktop) following the DequeWay methodology
- Identify and clearly document accessibility issues
- Identify and clearly document remediation recommendations
- Demonstrate proficiency with Deque Software Tools
- Set up Assure test cases
- Run Axe and Attest Browser extension
- Set up and run automated scans using Comply
- May answer developer, designer and content contributor questions about accessibility requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in professional digital accessibility testing
- Experience evaluating web pages for WCAG 2.0 A/AA conformance
- Intermediate skill level and Accessibility testing experience with at least one of the following screen readers:
- Experience coding accessible web pages using HTML and CSS
- Can write accessibility recommendations for remediation
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of experience in professional digital accessibility testing
- Experience evaluating web pages against one or more of the following standards:
- WCAG 2.1 A/AA
- Section 508 conformance
- EN 301 549 (EU) conformance
- Experience testing any of the following types of digital assets for accessibility: PDF or Microsoft Office documents (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Detailed knowledge of DequeTools (Axe, Attest Browser Extension, Assure and Comply)
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification
- Trusted Tester
- Travel locally and within the country by air, rail, and car.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a security clearance.
- Considering U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
Digital equality. It’s our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities – and we’re passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque (pronounced DEE-kew) helps technology leaders like Google and Microsoft, the top US banks and insurance companies, the top retailers, the top airlines, the top hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals. Our accessibility tools, services, and training are unparalleled. To learn more, visit https://www.deque.com.
Ann Arbor, MI, Herndon, VA or remote location.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter via our online application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque Core Values
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!