Based anywhere in the U.S.
We are looking for an energetic senior developer to join our team to help us accelerate the innovative developments of the axe platform. We are looking for someone with a strong foundation of architectural concepts and engineering capabilities, who is able to independently direct, propose and implement changes to all aspects of complex Web applications.Apply Now
- Lead application development effort on our Shared Services team which manages components shared across all of Deque’s products with the goal of helping our customers deliver accessible web applications.
- Be an experienced developer who can lead and contribute to product success and delivery
- Be responsible for product delivery schedules and quality
- Work with Product Management to define and prioritize release content
- Work with Sales, Service and Customer Support to help customers use our products
- Monitor changes and improvements to the accessibility features across all shared services components the goal of continually improving our product offerings
- Write and review technical proposals
- At least 5 years of current experience developing React based products, with at least 7 years of total experience in software development
- At least 2 years experience with delivering scalable applications
- At least 2 years experience leading a team of product development professionals using an Agile methodology
- Passion for digital accessibility and a desire to become a world class expert in the subject
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to lead an Agile Development team.
- Strong communication skills with all stakeholders
- Identity Access Manager usage and development (Ping, Okta, Keycloak)
- Database generalist skills (SQL)
- RESTful API use, design and implementation
- Common Web application architectures such as n-tier, micro-services etc.
- Basic secure Web programming knowledge and experience
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With 875,000+ extensions installed and 5,000+ audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic.
Deque’s core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company! Submit your application anytime.
If you’re looking to stand out, include a cover letter explaining your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values. We also recommend including any key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.Apply Now
Let’s broaden your customer base and make practicing accessibility easy at the same time.”
— Preety Kumar CEO, Deque Systems