Based anywhere in the U.S.
We are looking for an enthusiastic developer to join our team building for the axe DevTools Mobile platform. You’ll be working closely with our diverse, fully US remote team to implement innovative solutions used by development teams from all over. The ideal person will be able to independently propose and implement changes across web applications and have a sense of ownership of where the product is going.
The position is flexible for the right candidate. Upon joining the team, you’ll become an accessibility expert in your field and continue building with and supporting the latest technologies available. Your code will help teams build accessible products and make technology more inclusive for all.Apply Now
- Support and maintain an Appium Plugin (NodeJS package)
- Building features for the axe DevTools Mobile backend REST API service
- Contribute to Deque’s axe DevTools for Mobile web dashboard
- Develop new features, with unit and integration tests
- Update existing code, fix reported bugs
- Own DevOps scripts for CI/CD and automated deployment
- Review pull requests and offer feedback, including security topics
- Aid in creating and maintaining tickets for planning
- Have a drive to learn
- RESTful API use, design, and implementation
- Experience in NodeJS with MySQL 8
- Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS)
- Basic secure web programming knowledge and experience
- Common web application architectures such as n-tier, micro-services etc.
- Version control (Github)
- Be apart of a team environment (remotely)
Additional Skills Desired
- Experience building & deploying NodeJS packages
- HTML and CSS
- Experience in Appium / Selenium
- Interest in mobile technologies
- Enterprise SaaS product development
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With 875,000+ extensions installed and 5,000+ audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic.
Deque’s core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company! Submit your application anytime.
If you’re looking to stand out, include a cover letter explaining your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values. We also recommend including any key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.Apply Now
Let’s broaden your customer base and make practicing accessibility easy at the same time.”
— Preety Kumar CEO, Deque Systems