Based anywhere in the U.S.
We are looking for a senior level developer to help design, develop, and maintain axe-core, axe linter, and related axe products. You will be responsible for helping us develop accessibility testing rules, including rules that utilize machine learning to identify accessibility problems.
- Design, develop, and maintain axe-core, axe linter, and related products
- Design and develop new rules, and maintain existing rules
- Write and maintain documentation for rules
- Write new features, unit and integration tests, and related
- Actively work with customers, users, and support to reproduce and resolve issues
- Assist in the review of pull requests, including security reviews
- Write and review technical proposals
- HTML and CSS
- Understanding of WCAG and ARIA
- Web accessibility
- Demonstrated work on a product team
- Basic secure web programming knowledge and experience
- Source code management, pull request reviews, and related
Additional Skills Desired
- Machine learning
- Web extensions
- Knowledge of how linters work
- Abstract syntax trees (ASTs)
- Image processing
- Demonstrated work on libraries or plugins
- IAAP certification
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With 875,000+ extensions installed and 5,000+ audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic.
Deque’s core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company! Submit your application anytime.
If you’re looking to stand out, include a cover letter explaining your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values. We also recommend including any key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.Apply Now
Let’s broaden your customer base and make practicing accessibility easy at the same time.”
— Preety Kumar CEO, Deque Systems