Based anywhere in the U.S.
You will work closely with the Product Management team and other leaders in the company to help define the vision for our market-leading product. Over time you will be expected to develop your own evidence-based perspective on customer needs in our target markets, for our target users, and help move the product feature set to address unmet market needs.
You will be responsible for defining the mission and contents of each product release based on inputs from colleagues, customers, and prospects.
You will be the embodiment of “the customer” to the product development team and, as such, will work closely with UI, Software, Documentation, and Content developers during the development process and help make good decisions on behalf of customers and users.
You will coordinate with technical support, pre-sales engineers, sales, marketing, and services functions to ensure that Deque as a whole is ready for the launch of each release.
You will be the authoritative representative of the product development team at conferences and to highly-qualified prospects and special customers.
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of Deque’s products
- Attend and present at industry conferences to promote Deque’s products with the goal of enhancing Deque’s value as a thought leader in accessibility
- Create blog posts, videos and other collateral that showcase Deque’s products
- Work closely with Product Owner to define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities based on business and customer impact
- Drive product launches including working with marketing teams, executives, and other product management team members
- Communicate product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality
- Stay abreast of technological enhancements in the industry and foster innovation to keep the product up to date with the industry
- Liaise with the customers to solicit feedback on the product and the company
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Four years of product management experience for an enterprise software company using agile processes
- Track record of delivering data driven solutions with a customer-first mindset
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to all stakeholders
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and intelligence solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and build roadmaps to push the product forward
- Knowledge of current software development practices, technologies, and tools
- Background in software development, test automation or pre-sales technical support
- Demonstrated ability to lead problem-identification discussions
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in working at a geographically dispersed company is a plus
- Attention to details
- Accessibility knowledge is desirable
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With 875,000+ extensions installed and 5,000+ audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic.
Deque’s core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company! Submit your application anytime.
If you’re looking to stand out, include a cover letter explaining your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values. We also recommend including any key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.Apply Now
Let’s broaden your customer base and make practicing accessibility easy at the same time.”
— Preety Kumar CEO, Deque Systems