We are looking for a Level 1 Support Engineer to provide end-user support for primarily SaaS-
based software applications that help our customers with their accessibility efforts. The position
will work closely with other Support Engineers and our product development teams to provide
excellent support to our customers.
- Triage support tickets for Deque products focused on level 1 resolution and ensuring
tickets are routed to the correct Deque resources Otherwise Communicate with Customers, other Support personnel and Development in a clear, professional manner, using email, text messaging and a Support portal on the status of tickets.
- Ensure tickets routed to level 2 support and development teams are complete and
adequately describe the environment, failure conditions, and reproducible steps to
recreate the problem.
- Contribute to a Support FAQ to help customers solve their own problems.
- Look for ways to improve the support process.
- Provide constructive feedback on products to the development teams.
- Learn the company’s products with the goal of providing excellent customer experience
Contribute to the product’s customer-facing documentation on use and support
Maximize the use or repeatable and simplified response processes with Zendesk
- Ability to clearly speak and write in English, using appropriate technical and non-technical
language to communicate with customers in a friendly and informative manner.
- Must be able to work in a quiet environment to ensure customer support calls are not
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose problems.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Self Starter who is motivated to high quality standards.
- Basic Linux shell skills – login, navigate, edit files.
- Solid understanding of browsers and websites.
- Basic SQL knowledge a plus – understanding and running basic queries.
- Basic understanding of web technologies a plus.
- Experience with a modern customer support solution – familiarity with Zendesk a plus.
- Basic understanding of network protocols a plus.
- Hours: This position will work primarily during the US East shift, but this may change over time as Deque continues to grow and cover additional regions globally.
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience writing KB articles
- Linux Shell
- Familiar with Bash Scripts
- Basic SQL Experience (MySQL preferable)
- Basic Log Analysis
- Preferable Technical Skills
- Browser Consoles / Web Dev tools
- Working with API’s
- Java Application Support
- Basic familiar with AWS
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With 875,000+ extensions installed and 5,000+ audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic.
Deque’s core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company! Submit your application anytime.
If you’re looking to stand out, include a cover letter explaining your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values. We also recommend including any key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.Apply Now
Let’s broaden your customer base and make practicing accessibility easy at the same time.”
— Preety Kumar CEO, Deque Systems