Based anywhere in the U.S.
Deque is seeking a hands-on, dynamic design leader to manage and build our User Experience team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to design elegant, modern, and fully accessible web applications for millions of users worldwide. As a manager, in this role, you will oversee the work of a team of distributed designers. You will be responsible for ensuring that the team is working together to create cohesive, discoverable, easily usable UX/UI designs that leverage common design patterns and systems, look like a product family, and are easily implementable, working from the base of our current applications in an agile fashion.
As an individual contributor, in this role you will be conducting user research, ideating, prototyping and communicating designs to the product team and stakeholders—full lifecycle design.Apply Now
- Works with senior leadership and stakeholders to refine and strategize around Deque’s UX Design vision in alignment with the business’ goals.
- Works cross-functionally with product, marketing, and executives to create excellent products using data-driven design strategy.
- Maintain product continuity by shepherding, contributing, and evolving Deque’s fully accessible pattern library.
- Evangelize the UX discipline and tenants of accessibility internally and externally.
- Design and deliver high-quality wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups based on Deque’s pattern library.
- Work closely with product management to distill market, user, and usability research into tangible and actionable strategies and designs.
- Conduct user research, discovery, and evaluate user feedback.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to define complex features and interactions and implement designs.
- Work with development and QA to ensure that features are implemented with 100% fidelity to the designs and pattern library
- Portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth of work experience as a UX practitioner.
- Ability to succinctly communicate design concepts and design intent to colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency designing low to high fidelity prototypes with a variety of tools.
- Experience designing web applications–preference to development-based tools and B2Bhtha.
- Experience employing and training others on proper user research techniques – interviewing users, designing surveys, mental modeling, moderating usability tests, etc.
- Attention to detail at all levels of research, design and development.
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With 875,000+ extensions installed and 5,000+ audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic.
Deque’s core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company! Submit your application anytime.
If you’re looking to stand out, include a cover letter explaining your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values. We also recommend including any key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate.
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.Apply Now
Let’s broaden your customer base and make practicing accessibility easy at the same time.”
— Preety Kumar CEO, Deque Systems