We’re hosting a free seminar titled “A Case Study in Real-World Section 508 Compliance: How the VA is deploying one of the largest section 508 programs in government”
at the National Press Club on February 21st.
This seminar will feature speakers from the Department of Veterans Affairs, along with experts from Deque, discussing the inside story of how the VA is deploying one of the largest Section 508 Compliance program in government. Also, Bruce Bailey (US Access Board) will be on hand to present information about the Section 508 refresh.
Participants can expect to learn:
- The goals and driving needs behind one of the largest Section 508 programs in government
- Key best practices and lessons learned that have supported the launch of a successful agency-wide accessibility program
- The tools used by the agency to drive and measure positive Section 508 outcomes
- Ways in which the Section 508 program is improving the level of service the VA is providing its constituents
- Steps you can take now to be prepared for the upcoming Section 508 refresh and what the real-world implications of the new standard are for your agency
Bruce Bailey is an IT Specialist at the U.S. Access Board. He has lead responsibility for the agency web site and with providing technical assistance on Section 508 as the policy relates to web sites and software. Bruce has been working for twenty years in the field of assistive technology, and the last ten of those years in the Federal government.
The seminar goes from 9-10:30am on Thursday, February 21st, at the National Press Club. There will be a complimentary continental breakfast served at 8:30am.
The National Press Club:
529 14th St. NW
Washington, DC 20045