Deque has a lot of big plans for Global Accessibility Awareness Day on May 21! Here’s a breakdown of the events we’re featuring.
YouTube Webinars on Accessibility
This year we’re presenting all-new, free webinars live on YouTube—no registration required. We’ll cover the following topics:
- Advanced Accessible Navigation, presented at 11 AM by Dylan Barrell
- The all new “Stand-Alone” version of FireEyes, presented at 1 PM by David Musser
- Apple Watch Accessibility, presented at 3 PM by Paul Adam
Accessibility Bug Bash
We’re also sponsoring the Accessibility Bug Bash hosted by Paul Adam. Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day with Deque and the #A11Y community by helping us to file accessibility bug reports with assistive technology vendors and web browser developers. For details, check out Paul Adam’s blog.
Free Web and App Consultations
How accessible is your website or product? Deque is offering free website and application consultations with an assistive technology power user. This invaluable experience will reveal the challenges and roadblocks users may experience when interacting with your content or completing a task.
Contact Alicia Bourne or call 703.225.0380 to schedule an appointment at our Herndon office, or virtually.
Accessibility Seminars and Demos at Deque India
At our location in Hyderabad, India, we’ll be hosting several information sessions and demos:
- WCAG Guidelines: An Overview
- Accessibility Testing with Automated Tools
- Live Screen Reader Demo
- Deque Product Demos
Accessibility 101 App
Finally, we’ll be releasing our new Accessibility 101 mobile app for Android on May 21! For every download of the Accessibility 101 app (on iOS or Android) we will donate $1 to Knowbility’s AccessWorks project. AccessWorks is Knowbility’s Document Accessibility and User Experience Testing initiative that employs people with disabilities. Learn more on the Knowbility website.
- Learn more about our Accessibility 101 App.
- Check out our other upcoming events!
- Download the Essential Guide to Digital Accessibility.