Solutions Support Administrator
Deque helps large commercial, government, and pu ensure that their websites and web applications are accessible to people who are blind, visually impaired or have other disabilities. Deque software - WorldSpace and Amaze - is used by some of the world's best-known brands. Our full suite of software products and services make web accessibility compliance, easier, faster, and more cost effective at the enterprise level.
Deque is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately owned company based in Herndon, VA with its primary development office in Ann Arbor, MI.
Deque is a leader in providing products and services to companies seeking to make their digital assets fully accessible to people with disabilities. Deques products are deployed in either a Cloud SaaS solution or Customer-based enterprise infrastructure. As a result, Deque installs, monitors, and upgrades these solutions on behalf of our customers in both environments.
Deque is looking for a Solutions Systems Administrator to deploy these enterprise solutions and help our Customers keep these systems operating effectively. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to apply their skills in installing, upgrading and troubleshooting our server solutions on both Linux and Windows environments. This person will work with operations and development resources to ensure our Customer's ongoing success. The right person must have broad infrastructure skills, capable of supporting the environments and applications collectively.
- Be a steward of Customer Success with Deque solutions from pre-sales to support
- Installation and maintenance of Deque enterprise solutions on AWS cloud and customer environments, including government and other regulated entities
- Customer issue management and resolution as both level 1 and 2 support for Deque solutions
- Solution application patching, monitoring and response
- Maintaining product and customer specific documentation and issue tracking
- Management of customer software and documentation delivery
- Maintaining configuration documentation for client installations
- Assisting in the administration and improvement of Deque infrastructure
- Assisting in the monitoring and remediation of security vulnerabilities in products and infrastructure
- Working experience with Linux operating system administration (Redhat/CentOs preferred), including Linux editors and shell scripting. 2+ years of experience.
- Working experience with Windows Server operating system administration (Server 2008/2012/2016). Understanding of Windows services and general configurations. 2+ years of experience.
- Experience supporting the technologies involved in web-based applications, including browsers, web servers, SSL certificates, etc.
- Experience working in cloud environments, particularly Amazon Web Services.
- Experience performing technical support tasks with remote technologies such as Citrix, RDP, working over VPN, etc.
- Working knowledge of basic MySQL and SQL Server configuration and SQL queries.
- Basic understanding of LDAP & Active Directory services
- Basic understanding of server and web protocols communication: HTTP(S), SMTP, SFTP (SSH)
- Experience with managing Java applications preferred
- Experience achieving high service uptime in a production, customer-facing environment
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement, as well as 15 days paid time off, and 401(k) plan participation.
How to Apply
Usual reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company.