Senior PHP/MySQL Programmer
Deque is seeking applicants for the position of Senior PHP/MySQL programmer to oversee the continued development of a custom learning management system with enterprise-level client management features, including subscription management, a shopping cart, single-sign-on across Deque products and customer products, automatic PDF generation of monthly client progress reports and course completion certificates, a comprehensive information storage system, version tracking, and other enterprise-level features, some of which are already in progress and others of which are only in the concept phase. The system is always growing and evolving, and Deque needs a solid, innovative programmer to help shape future development. The platform currently integrates with the MODX content management system (PHP, open source), so MODX experience is highly desirable, but the code base is increasingly moving toward a custom architecture, so strong data architecture skills are important.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
- Cooperate with UX designers to match visual design intent
- Proven senior-level experience in PHP and MySQL on enterprise projects
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Senior level knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming, and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics and network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- BS in computer science or a related field
This position is based out of our office in Herndon, VA.
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary. Full-time employees receive health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement, as well as 15 days paid vacation, reimbursement for required continuing education and 401(k) plan participation.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Deque to email@example.com. You can also apply on Jazz. Applications without cover letter will not be considered. Usual reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company.