Deque is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their physical ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and web-based applications are accessible. Our focus is on providing practical and sustainable solutions for accessibility in both the short and long term that include tools, training, and active guidance fromDeque experts.
We are a worldwide group of professionals who are passionate about:
- Building software tools that are compatible with modern development processes
- Providing strategic consulting based on the client's particular environment, needs, and goals
- Optimizing the accessibility testing and remediation processes
- Educating our clients and the general public about web accessibility and what they can do to create accessible experiences
Our ideal candidate for this position is an enthusiastic, hands-on, project manager who has a track record of making customers successful. This role will be the primary customer contact with responsibility for delivering consulting services and product implementations. The Project Manager will lead multiple concurrent projects with responsibility for customer satisfaction leading to growth for the Deque brand and our enterprise products and services.
Based in our Ann Arbor office (or remote location), you will be part of a cross-functional Services team and work directly with our sales and product departments. The Project Manager must be delivery-focused, with the ability to manage all aspects of project delivery, including resource planning and financial management. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, open environment where personal responsibility and open, direct, respectful communications are highly valued.
- Delivery of consulting services and product implementation projects leading to high customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage resource plans, project schedules, financial forecasts, and other deliverables based on statements of work
- Negotiate changes to scope, schedules, and financials
- Lead effective meetings and communicate formally and informally to ensure project success
- Learn and remain current on accessibility standards and Deque processes and products
- Work effectively with subject matter experts (SME) to ensure that the customer receives the best possible advice/outcome
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience leading teams of consultants providing services to external customers
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Experience writing statements of work, change requests, and proposals
- Familiarity with agile web development processes, technologies, and tools
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, while still paying attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to manage projects successfully from request to execution, collaborating with multiple organizations and team members
- A strong work ethic and self-starter attitude, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally
- Ability to obtain clearance to work with federal government agencies as needed
- Bachelor's degree
Ann Arbor, Michigan or Herndon, Virginia
Remote candidates may be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement, as
well as 15 days paid time off, and 401(k) plan participation.
How to Apply
Usual reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!