Our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their physical ability, should have equal access to everything online. Our focus is to train, equip, and help large organizations ensure that their websites and mobile apps are accessible.
We are a private company, serving a growing list of customers whose brands are recognized worldwide.
About our Products
We strive to create products that make accessibility as painless and efficient as possible. Our tools have been built to integrate with real-world development processes and to address challenges and needs our clients have encountered in their accessibility projects. Our products are used by global brands to test and fix the accessibility of their mission-critical, high-traffic websites, native mobile apps, and PDF documents. We have earned a reputation for reliability, performance, and robustness by ensuring that our products are well architected, carefully implemented, and thoroughly tested.
Our products are installed by our end customers or accessed via our AWS-based cloud services. We strive to understand our customers' development process and ensure that our products integrate easily into development tools such as Jira and Selenium and we routinely develop browser extensions to make our products easy for web developers to use. Check out our website for product descriptions.
We are active contributors to the open source community and our aXe rules engine is the most active accessibility rules engine project on GitHub. Google has integrated aXe into their Chrome Developer Tools and other major technology companies use aXe as an integral part of their development process.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about translating vision into results. One of your primary responsibilities will be creating detailed product requirements from end-goals based on client needs and innovative thinking while maintaining a balance between visionary product goals and resource availability. Product Managers must establish and maintain effective ways to track input from customers, technical support, sales, and other colleagues and to work with your team to distill this information into a series of strategically prioritized releases.
You will be expected to keep abreast of direct and indirect competitors and maintain a clear competitive advantage.
As Product Manager, you will also be responsible for communicating and demonstrating the functions and benefits of your product to highly qualified prospects and customers as well as the Deque Team. It is critical for Product Managers to work closely with sales, support, and marketing to ensure the product and subsequent releases are well understood and represented by Deque as a whole.
- 5 years of experience in B2B software product development in a similar capacity
- 5 years of experience with large commercial (Fortune 500), and government IT organizations
- Working knowledge of modern web and native mobile app development technologies and tools is essential
- Experience at recruiting potential product users, for concept reviews, usability studies, user observation, beta tests, etc.
- Ability to travel throughout the US, to Canada and internationally
- Excellent conversational and presentation skills
- Proficient writer
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with IT in regulated industries like banking
- Ability to write code for web, Android or iOS
- Experience working in agile development teams
- Understanding of web accessibility
- Startup product company experience with a role in defining MVPs and making decisions to pivot
Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement and 401(k) plan participation.
How to Apply
Usual reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!