Federal Sales Civilian Account Executive
Location: Herndon, VA
Type: Full Time
Digital equality. It's our mission, our vision, and our passion. We believe that websites, mobile applications, and digital content should be accessible to people with disabilities - and we're passionate about creating technology that can make that vision a reality.
Deque's Federal sector is expanding rapidly thereby creating the need to hire exceptional enterprise software sales professionals who bring a demonstrated track record of success within Federal civilian agencies. These positions represent tremendous career and financial opportunities for the right individual who commits to becoming a key player in growing Deque and is willing to share those risks and rewards.
Deque seeks a "hunter" senior sales executive based in Washington DC Metro area to drive primarily new enterprise license and services business with direct responsibility for opportunity identification, qualification, and development in new accounts. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and passionate professional that embodies Deque's values, and fosters team work. The top priorities for this position include understanding customer goals and initiatives, meeting customer success goals, and ensuring customers realize the value Deque delivers. They will have an outstanding track record and reputation for achieving sales goals by selling enterprise software solutions. They will be sharp, professionally aggressive, and love to hunt. A broad network of federal contacts with a strong track record in Federal software and services sales is essential.
- Internalize and enact Deque values
- Develop/maintain account and industry knowledge
- Build strong relationships and identify customer needs within assigned accounts
- Manage the full sales cycle from opportunity identification through order processing by utilizing a Solutions Selling approach
- Consistently meet or exceed forecast and booking targets
- Build and maintain an opportunity pipeline 3-4x booking targets
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans
- Utilize Salesforce to manage all aspects of prospecting, opportunity management, forecasting, client communications, contacts, activities and tasks
- 100% or greater quota attainment as defined by the compensation plan
- Pipeline development, validity and movement - maintain a minimum of 3X qualified pipeline to quota ratio. Show opportunity progress throughout the sales cycle
- Forecast accurately - +/- 10%
- Sales activities - customer interactions that move the sales cycle forward, events, webinars
- Education - College degree (BA/BS) - is required. A technical major is preferred
- minimum of five (5) years customer-facing sales of enterprise software solutions to federal clients at the C-level
- Domain knowledge - the ideal applicant with have in-depth knowledge of application and/or web development, software integration and familiarity with DevOps, Agile and Test Automation. Experience in Web IDEs, Web Compliance, or Web Services is highly desirable. A strong understanding of web maintenance issues, guidelines, and laws governing government information technology, and business process associated with risk management is desired. Familiarity with Section 508 compliance and accessibility a plus.
- Acquisition - solid understanding of the federal procurement lifecycle (funding, vehicles, RFX, evaluation, award) is required.
Performance - proven ability to consistently meet or exceed sales quota. You should have a desire to grow rapidly with overachievement as your goal.
- Approach - experience with solution-selling/consultative selling methodologies (i.e. Shipley)
- Communication - You should be able to clearly and effectively communicate with customers in both written and verbal fashion. Written communication should show a high attention to detail. Verbal communication should be formal and indicate the ability to communicate complex topics concisely.
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary, a commission plan with accelerators and no cap, health insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement as well as 15 days paid vacation and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
How to Apply
Applications without cover letter will not be considered. In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
- Expand on your knowledge of Section 508, accessibility, and web/app development
- Present a 90-day detailed attack plan outlining how you will approach a new territory
Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!