Director of Services
Deque is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their physical ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and web-based applications are accessible. Our focus is on providing practical and sustainable solutions for accessibility in both the short and long term that include tools, training, and active guidance fromDeque experts.
We are a worldwide group of professionals who are passionate about:
- Building software tools that are compatible with modern development processes
- Providing strategic consulting based on the client's particular environment, needs, and goals
- Optimizing the accessibility testing and remediation processes
- Educating our clients and the general public about web accessibility and what they can do to create accessible experiences
Our ideal candidate for the Director of Services position is a seasoned professional with experience leading teams of project managers and consultants in support of external customers. This role is responsible for the successful delivery of a portfolio of consulting services and product implementation projects. The Director of Services will manage a team of project managers with responsibility for employee and process development.
Based in our Ann Arbor office (or remote location), you will be part of a cross-functional Services team and work very closely with our sales department. The Director of Services must be delivery-focused, with the ability to manage all aspects of a project portfolio, including resource planning, financial management and reporting, and customer relationship management. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, open environment where personal responsibility and open, direct, respectful communications are highly valued.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the delivery of high quality consulting services and product implementation across the portfolio of commercial and federal government projects
- Monitor performance of team members and provide timely feedback and development assistance
- Create, review, and approve formal statements of work, change requests, and proposals
- Facilitate the customer satisfaction survey process and share information across the company
- Prepare weekly revenue forecast worksheet and create action plans to address issues
- Develop senior-level relationships with customers
- Manage resource assignments and staffing levels, including recruitment as needed
- Identify and implement improvements to the processes and tools used in the project management practice area
- Minimum 5 years of direct management experience
- Minimum 5 years hands-on project management experience leading teams of consultants providing services to external customers
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Experience writing statements of work, change requests, and proposals
- Familiarity with agile web development processes, technologies, and tools
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, while still paying attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and self-starter attitude, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally
- Bachelor's degree
Ann Arbor, Michigan or Herndon, Virginia
Remote candidates may be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Deque offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement, as
well as 15 days paid time off, and 401(k) plan participation.
How to Apply
Usual reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!